Trusted affordable cremation services
Cremation as a disposition can be, and should be, just as personal as a burial and funeral service. Let us guide you through our trusted and dignified cremation options that can be personalized to truly celebrate a life lived.
We are the only Funeral Home in Broward County with our own On-Site Crematory. This means when we take your loved one into our care, he/she never leaves our care for any reason.
Personalizing a cremation with a celebration of life can be very therapeutic. A celebration gives you and your family something to concentrate on as you relive memories. We offer many ways to personalize a service. As with burial options, cremations can be personalized. From serving your loved one’s favorite ice cream to releasing balloons, displaying memories through photo boards or even playing a tribute video, cremations should have the same focus in mind, celebrating the unique life lived. Learn more about the Celebrations of Life.
Understanding Cremation Options
Know The Facts About Cremation:
- Every cremation takes place by us in our on-site crematory
- Beware of companies offering cremations for a few hundred dollars. Fred Hunter’s has stayed in business since 1890 because we operate by the law with the highest level of customer service.
- Our Cremation Price includes a short family viewing for no additional fee. Many companies strictly do the cremation and hand over the ashes.
- Owning our own Crematory allows us to offer Witness Cremations. Families often choose to view the beginning of the cremation process for peace of mind.
- We pick up your loved ones and take them directly into our care immediately. Your loved one is NOT shuffled around from facility to facility. We do cremations on our site, at our own crematory. Trust in Fred Hunter’s that your loved ones get the peace they deserve.
- When shopping around for the best price, be wary of extremely low prices. They likely have many hidden fees that end up with a price over 5x the original quote.
Some request direct cremation, eliminating “all the bother of funeral services” for family members. Funeral services and celebrations aren’t provided for the deceased; they’re there to help support and comfort the living. Direct disposal of cremated remains or scattering without a service or memorialization of any kind can cause emotional problems for survivors. With no celebration and permanent resting place, problems arise from inadequate grieving. Take time to consider family and friends.In suffering a loss, the traditional rites of passage and memorialization can be beneficial in helping individuals pass through the stages of grief. When the practice of cremation is accomplished with human dignity and recognition, it will:
- help assuage grief
- alleviate guilt
- contribute to emotional stability
- create peace of mind
Our Crematory Manager
Trust in our family-owned Fred Hunters Funeral Home to give you the highest level and dignified cremation service. We are the only Funeral Home in Broward County with our own On-Site Crematory. This means when we take your loved one into our care, he/she never leaves our care for any reason. Many times, the funeral home must transport the deceased to a warehouse type facility for a period of up to 10 days before they receive your loved one’s cremated remains back. Our goal is to give all families complete peace of mind throughout the entire cremation process.
Our crematory manager, Ray Koterba, has been working at Fred Hunter’s for 31 years and is one of the most respected crematory operators in our country.
“I keenly understand that it’s more than just a job, that what I do is an essential service. My goal is to treat each family as if they were my own, and that means nothing short of excellence will do.”
What We Do:
- We provide transportation of the deceased to our facility. Viewings are available with cremations.
- We file the death certificate.
- We file all permits.
- We provide you with certified copies of the death certificate.
- We provide the ashes in a beautiful urn that you may choose.
- We can provide the ability to have a Witness Cremation
- We have cremation memorials in our cemetery beginning from $195 which including an ossuary scattering with a Laser Engraved Memorial Brick.
- Private family estates are available for families choosing cremation as well.
- We handle all pre-planning of cremations so that the process is extremely simple.
Affordable Cremation Pricing
Get a Fred Hunter’s Low Cost Cremation Service FREE Quote & Consultation
Call : (954) 840-8819 or message us today.
Ask how you can receive a free engraved Memorial Brick in our cremation Garden!